Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On Critiques and Revision


It's no secret that I adore Darcy Pattison -- author, revision expert, and writer advocate extraordinaire. I met Darcy weeks before signing with my agent and consider her May B.'s fairy godmother. It's because of Darcy I picked up Libba Bray's A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY and Kirby Larson's HATTIE BIG SKY. It's because of Darcy I've ordered a copy of ART AND FEAR, a book she shared at her revision retreat that speaks to the insecurities the creative life magnifies.

I'm in the midst of preparing for an SCBWI-NM Schmooze about our annual writing retreat and the critiques that will be a part of the weekend. Once again, I've found myself drawn to what Darcy has to say. Click through to read her wonderful series on feedback and revision.



5 Days on Psychology of Revising
Hope
Fear and Humility, part 1
Fear and Humility, part 2
Gifted and Talented
Perseverance

4 comments:

  1. Terrific links! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Darcy Pattison--her posts are a must-read. (Perhaps I first heard about her from you, Caroline?)

    Hoping you have an enjoyable SCBWI Fall retreat in November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. ;)

      Thanks, I'm looking forward to the retreat. I haven't been on one since 2009.

      Delete

Thanks for adding to the mayhem!